Sunday 8 November 2009

Fergus McDonald


© Fergus McDonald


© Fergus McDonald


© Fergus McDonald


© Fergus McDonald


© Fergus McDonald


© Fergus McDonald


Fergus McDonald Graduated from Arts University College at Bournemouth in 2008 with BA (hons) Photography

“‘On Road’ is a series of images I have been working on for the past year. I initially started taking photos for the series because of a genuine interest in people, popular culture, social groups and class structure. This drove me to document the people around me on the street. It seems as though in the 21st century, image is everything. Even if not intentionally, when a camera is pointed at us we react. Subconsciously or not, we pose. This was something that I wanted to avoid in my photos for this series. I wanted to capture people in a natural way, without them knowing they were being photographed. This is part of the reason I shoot most of the images from the hip to conceal the recognised action of taking a photograph, raising the camera to the eye.”

See more here

No comments: